Saturday 6 December 2014

I Will Not Beg For Life

I will not beg and plead for this life that God has given to me. As a soul that belongs to and is of the Supreme Soul, I have merely been borrowed this human form so that I may give this soul the human experience. I will try in all ways possible to make the most of this human experience as it is not my natural form. I am not of this planet, this truth I know far too well. I am of the Universe as is the trees, the sun and the moon. I cannot beg and bargain with God to have an extension of the time he has judged to be suitable for me to have this human experience. I hear people saying with fear in their voices every time they hear of someone’s passing “these are dire times, we need to keep watch and pray because the devil is on the prowl.” See I don’t allow myself to get sucked into that kind of talk and get consumed by the fear of passing away. What I have come to understand is nothing happens without God’s knowledge of it. As souls we needn’t be shaken by the fact that one day our souls will depart from our human form, we also shouldn’t bother ourselves with details of how and when it will happen. Our main concern is to figure out what it is that we’ve come to learn in this experience, love it and live it.

Bear in mind, when trying to figure out what the lessons we’re here to learn are, we’re brought here fully equipped with what we’ll need. As a camper would not dare journey into the woods without his compass and lantern, we wouldn’t be here without all we need. As the inventor would not place his invention in the market without belief in his invention as fully functional; our creator would not have sent us here if he didn’t believe in his own creation’s ability to live this life.
I am fondly reminded of a quote by Winston Churchill that says “Sure I am that this day we are masters of our fate; that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond my endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.” I’m not fully knowledgeable as to what Mr Churchill was making reference to but I can confidently ascertain that he knew that he was fully equipped to face the task which was set before him. In the same way we equip ourselves with knowledge and skill at varsity to excel in our chosen fields of work, God has made us to conquer and will not set before us tasks that are beyond our abilities.

There is a cause to all of our existence. One can only hope that by the time our period on earth comes to an end we have realised our cause and have learned the lessons. I don’t know what the purpose of life is but I know that within that purpose there is a duty towards other human beings, which is to teach one another what we have and are learning. Maya Angelou once said, “At our best we are all teachers” this is a truth that doesn’t require you to look no further than your own life. Your life is a lesson, a message in totality. Each and everyone of us have people who are watching us, whether they are watching you to fall or watching you to rise to your highest level, point is there are people watching you live your life and you yourself are watching others. The idea is to teach while you’re living. Be conscious in your own life; be present in each and every moment. Be who you were created to be; and in so doing, you’ll find yourself teaching the world things you wouldn’t have imagined yourself teaching to other humans.


Stop begging for life from God, he’s already given it to you. Now live it. Be grateful for the days you have and stop losing your hairs over when they’re coming to an end, don’t you know that is God's privileged knowledge? We spit in God’s gift of life to us every time we are overcome by fear to live it. Let love be your compass and don’t be afraid to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment